The basic steps required to start a Chapter are:
- Form an Executive Management team consisting of:
- VP Finance,
- VP Education,
- VP Programs,
- VP Membership
- (VP Communications and VP Sponsorship optional for startup)
- Draft a Chapter Charter (Bylaws)
- Setup Executive Committees:
- Establish a meeting facility/location
- Build a Calendar of Events Schedule
- Recruit members!
Download Chapter Startup Slide Deck
Download Chapter Sample Charter
Chapter Officer Requirements
The first step in establishing a chapter is to find 3 - 5 motivated individuals that are registered professional members of the ABPMP. These individuals should be:
- BPM professionals
- People who enjoy evangelizing BPM
- People who can help others learn about BPM
- People who, through their experience, can identify challenges or pitfalls
All chapter officers are required to become Professional ABPMP members. This gives you access to our content to develop your Chapter and also gives you voting rights in the organization.
All chapter officers are required to sign the Code of Ethics
All chapter officers are required to sign the ABPMP Confidentiality Statement.
Download New Officer Orientation Guide
Download Officer Roster Template
In addition, you should feel free to enlist advice of the Vice President of Chapter Services; or any President of another Chapter. Contact Chapter Services at: email@example.com
Are you ready to start a new ABPMP Chapter?
Now you can complete our online application request to form a new ABPMP Chapter. Please read through all instructions located on the form.
Online Application to Start New Chapter